<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Onslow Bay Angler Forum - Recent Posts				            </title>
            <link>https://onslowbayangler.com/community/</link>
            <description>Onslow Bay Angler Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 16:48:01 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Anyone eat Barracuda?</title>
                        <link>https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/anyone-eat-barracuda/#post-45</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 18 Aug 2026 17:19:13 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I have been all over the barracuda when using live bait over structure just curious to see if anyone has eaten them? they are fun to catch and I heard the smaller ones are pretty good but ha...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I have been all over the barracuda when using live bait over structure just curious to see if anyone has eaten them? they are fun to catch and I heard the smaller ones are pretty good but haven't tried it yet lol</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://onslowbayangler.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Onslow Bay Angler</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/anyone-eat-barracuda/#post-45</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Inshore Reds from the bank</title>
                        <link>https://onslowbayangler.com/community/main-forum-inshore/inshore-reds-from-the-bank/#post-44</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 18 Aug 2026 17:17:25 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[found some time to run down to a old bank fishing spot I haven&#039;t been in years and landed a slot red. shrimp, mullet, and blue claw crabs are thick in the shallows right now with a few reds ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>found some time to run down to a old bank fishing spot I haven't been in years and landed a slot red. shrimp, mullet, and blue claw crabs are thick in the shallows right now with a few reds feeding on them. didn't see any trout though...</p>
<p>it was nice to head to a old bank spot to change things up! anyone else having luck with the shrimp running?</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://onslowbayangler.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Onslow Bay Angler</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://onslowbayangler.com/community/main-forum-inshore/inshore-reds-from-the-bank/#post-44</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Where are the kings?</title>
                        <link>https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/where-are-the-kings/#post-43</link>
                        <pubDate>Wed, 05 Aug 2026 00:20:42 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[that&#039;s wild catching a sea bass on the troll! Those fish are so aggressive sometimes they will hit anything but never expected them to do that. Also a plus that they are great to eat. 
yes ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>that's wild catching a sea bass on the troll! Those fish are so aggressive sometimes they will hit anything but never expected them to do that. Also a plus that they are great to eat. </p>
<p>yes I tried divers and pulled some pogies around the buoy at NRI and nothing. I did manage some Spanish that were cashing glass minnows about a mile up the beach from NRI towards bogue. they were in about 25 ft of water. they were about 13-16 size fish. </p>
<p>I heard with these tournaments going on the fish are getting pushed around. I am going to keep working the beach until I find them. I keep hitting the same spots and coming up empty I think I want to try new areas. </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://onslowbayangler.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Onslow Bay Angler</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/where-are-the-kings/#post-43</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Where are the kings?</title>
                        <link>https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/where-are-the-kings/#post-42</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 02 Aug 2026 23:25:42 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I was out trolling Saturday just out of New River Inlet and no kings or spanish. We even tried at Diver&#039;s Rock and still nothing. One crazy thing is did land a 14inch black bass on the troll...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I was out trolling Saturday just out of New River Inlet and no kings or spanish. We even tried at Diver's Rock and still nothing. One crazy thing is did land a 14inch black bass on the troll, never had that happen.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://onslowbayangler.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Ford2633</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/where-are-the-kings/#post-42</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Where are the kings?</title>
                        <link>https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/where-are-the-kings/#post-41</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 02 Aug 2026 02:39:51 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I have been putting some time in looking for the kingfish and it&#039;s been a struggle. I have seen a few here or there being caught off the piers but not huge numbers. Seems like they are getti...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I have been putting some time in looking for the kingfish and it's been a struggle. I have seen a few here or there being caught off the piers but not huge numbers. Seems like they are getting a few up out of the Morehead city area not so much down by New River Inlet. </p>
<p>I spent some time trolling around Christmas rock didn't see much, normally I can find one or two hanging around there. I think I'm going to stick in closer in the green water to see if I can find them.</p>
<p>Any one having any luck?</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://onslowbayangler.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Onslow Bay Angler</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/where-are-the-kings/#post-41</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Are the Spanish still biting?</title>
                        <link>https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/are-the-spanish-still-biting/#post-40</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 21 Jul 2026 00:56:50 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Thanks for the info. but I didn&#039;t make it down. Last weekend the winds were suppose to be high so stayed at home.
&nbsp;]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thanks for the info. but I didn't make it down. Last weekend the winds were suppose to be high so stayed at home.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://onslowbayangler.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Ford2633</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/are-the-spanish-still-biting/#post-40</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Are the Spanish still biting?</title>
                        <link>https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/are-the-spanish-still-biting/#post-39</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 18 Jul 2026 02:13:58 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[sorry for the late response, yes the Spanish bite has been really good! anywhere from 25-50 ft of water, both casting and trolling structure or birds. The past few trips I have casting aroun...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>sorry for the late response, yes the Spanish bite has been really good! anywhere from 25-50 ft of water, both casting and trolling structure or birds. The past few trips I have casting around big bait balls near the inlets and doing pretty good.</p>
<p>Slack Tides just posted a video fishing out of Morehead city and he was all over the Spanish Mackerel. </p>
<p>the inlet is a different story, its passable but shallow and narrow. I would not recommend going at low tide if you don't have track. it's about 2.5-3 at low tide. after your make the turn along the beach its pretty much a straight shot to the buoy. this weekend will be nice, there should be a few boats running the inlet you can follow.</p>
<p>I didn't post a video but I found nice bait and Spanish right at the inlet buoy and about a mile north up the beach in 25 ft of water. Good luck!</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://onslowbayangler.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Onslow Bay Angler</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/are-the-spanish-still-biting/#post-39</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Are the Spanish still biting?</title>
                        <link>https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/are-the-spanish-still-biting/#post-38</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 14 Jul 2026 12:41:49 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Thinking about coming down this weekend and don&#039;t want to just burn fuel. How is New River Inlet?]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thinking about coming down this weekend and don't want to just burn fuel. How is New River Inlet?</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://onslowbayangler.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Ford2633</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://onslowbayangler.com/community/nearshore/are-the-spanish-still-biting/#post-38</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Pair Custom 21</title>
                        <link>https://onslowbayangler.com/community/boat-reviews/pair-custom-21/#post-37</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 01 Jun 2026 13:58:40 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I just walked this boat for the first time the other day. It was the first one I had ever seen in person and i have to say it&#039;s a beast of a 21 ft center console. Here is why.
It&#039;s truly a ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I just walked this boat for the first time the other day. It was the first one I had ever seen in person and i have to say it's a beast of a 21 ft center console. Here is why.</p>
<p>It's truly a 23 ft overall length hull, not including the engine but it has the performance and economy of a smaller 21. The Mod V configuration giving the shallower draft while the deep V providing more offshore capability. </p>
<p>It's a true 3-piece construction with the boat i looked at having 5 in floor fish boxes. And the standard 27-gallon live well seen on Pair Customs other models. </p>
<p>the performance numbers with the 200 hp shows about a total weight as tested around 4900 lbs. Top speed of just over 50 mph. Getting about 3.8 mpg at 40 mph and over 4 mpg at 35.5 mpg.</p>
<p>I'm working on the edit now, if there are any owners out there, give us your thoughts!</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://onslowbayangler.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Onslow Bay Angler</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://onslowbayangler.com/community/boat-reviews/pair-custom-21/#post-37</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Pair Custom 28 Offshore</title>
                        <link>https://onslowbayangler.com/community/boat-reviews/pair-custom-28-offshore/#post-36</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 01 Jun 2026 13:50:50 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I had the chance to walk on one of these boats a few weeks ago. Hopefully if there is an owner they can chime in with some of their thoughts as well.
First impression of this boat is that i...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I had the chance to walk on one of these boats a few weeks ago. Hopefully if there is an owner they can chime in with some of their thoughts as well.</p>
<p>First impression of this boat is that it has a serious offshore bow, wide beam, and plenty of room to work lines in the cockpit area. It has a solid heavy feel and high gunnels. </p>
<p>The fit and finish is great. With the clean wiring behind the console really standing out. </p>
<p>The bow fish box is huge and capable of fitting some large tunas and mahi from an offshore trip.</p>
<p>It's a purpose-built offshore boat! you can see the walkthrough video here and let me know what you think. </p>
<p>https://youtu.be/SBgIxNYwsT8?si=dJosF3_nJlbCisHX</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://onslowbayangler.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Onslow Bay Angler</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://onslowbayangler.com/community/boat-reviews/pair-custom-28-offshore/#post-36</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		